Thursday, November 17, 2011

One room is finished.

From the ceilings to the floors, the casing, base moulding, trim work, and the new electrical plugs as well as the closet and blinds for the window. We have completely remodeled this room.  The icing on the cake though, has to be the Antonina Vella Rimini wallpaper that my mom and I hung this last weekend. I love it! I think it completes that room and has added an extra bit of visual interest.

My mom brought down all of her wallpapering supplies...brushes, paste, glue, rollers-all sorts of things I didn't even know existed.



We measured and cut, pasted and pieced pieces together to try to get the best fit.  We did such a good job and didn't mess anything up, that I still have plenty of wallpaper left.





I had a great time learning how to wallpaper and I like it so much I might try my luck at more wallpapering...if Bart will let me. :) This was well worth the $156.

6 comments:

Emily said...

It looks so great! I can't wait to see it all furnished and accessorized.

Diana said...

Wow! This looks fabulous and I am impressed by how handy you and your mom are - who needs Bart? Congrats on finishing a room. We hope we get to see you next week!

Nee said...

It does look so great! It was such fun. Our corners look good too. Good pickings of your pattern.
Loves.

Leslie said...

Oh my word I hate my house! That looks awesome!!!

Colin and Katie said...

woot woot! it looks wonderful! your upstairs is almost all done! colin and i will be right down as soon as school is over-i can't wait! it was fun to play extra with you this last weekend. lovin and missin you!

Sjaanie said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it! Such a relief to have at least one room done, I'm sure!