Sunday, August 19, 2012

Do you remember?

Do you remember our nasty basement? The yucky, dark, moldy, smelly, duct taped window, illegal basement apartment? Well I am proud to say, (and even more proud of Bart for all his hard work) that the we now have a legal, beautiful, rented basement apartment.  Yep, we finished up the odds and ends and found a tenant...all with a new baby. It was stressful for me-to list the apartment, answer the phone calls, set up appointments and show the apartment with little Dutch, but he was a trooper and of course Bart was a lifesaver.

The basement apartment is 1100 sq. ft, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, open concept kitchen, living and dining, plus a laundry room.  Bart literally tore down the entire basement and rebuilt it with new plumbing, electrical, ceiling, drywall, etc.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, especially in the case of the basement.  So I will leave you with the befores and afters.  Please enjoy them with us. :)

Entryway/Front door


Kitchen


Kitchen/Dining



Living Room




Bathroom







 Bedroom 1




Bedroom 2



Bedroom 3


 Phew, I'm tired just looking through the pictures.  I hope our renters like the apartment, they have no idea what it looked like just 1 year ago.


10 comments:

Nee said...

I had forgotten how bad it was too.
How fabulous it is now. The windows make the biggest difference. I love the light white kitchen.
I too hope your renters appreciate and take good care of it.
Loves,
Mom

Kelsy said...

Looks great! We need a few windows in our basement dug out and made bigger like some of yours!

Sjaanie said...

WOW!!! Yes, the pictures speak for themselves. I'm sure your renters will like it. I hope you like your renters :)

Emily said...

You guys did an incredible job on the apartment. Plus you'll be the best landlords ever :)

Haley and Mitch said...

You guys are awesome! What a gem that Bart is!! It looks outstanding. Congratulations on both the apartment and even more, that beautiful Dutch!!

Diana said...

I appreciate these pictures in a way that I think few other people do. A lot of long hours and staying home doing home improvements rather doing all the fun stuff that other couples seem to do on a Friday night. Looks terrific!

Matt and Joanna said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You guys are amazing. P.S. I have people who want to rent your basement in a year when they move down there...

The Mecham Family said...

You guys need a TV show! Fabulous job! :)

Cass said...

great job!! I love before and after pictures!! Your tenants will love it!!

Unknown said...

If I was living near you, I'd be knocking down your door to rent the apartment. Looks fabulous!!!!