Friday, May 8, 2009

The Top 10

What do you think about the new top 10 baby names? FYI, I'm not asking this because I am pregnant or looking for baby names :) I just find it interesting. I have an "original" name, which most people like... or at least they tell me that to my face. Thus, I have always been drawn to different names. If I HAD to chose a name from these lists I would probably go with Madison and Ethan. Please don't be offended if I didn't chose your name or your child's...I love each of you! :)

The latest Top 10 names for baby girls, based on 2008 statistics:
Emma
Isabella
Emily
Madison
Ava
Olivia
Sophia
Abigail
Elizabeth
Chloe


The Top 10 names for baby boys:
Jacob
Michael
Ethan
Joshua
Daniel
Alexander
Anthony
William
Christopher
Matthew

5 comments:

Haley and Mitch said...

I am so offended you didn't put Benjamin!!! :) Just kidding. I used to look at baby names LONG before I thought about getting pregnant. I think it is interesting too.

Alison said...

I think they are all great. If you want to know what complete strangers think you can post a poll on babycenter.com

Diana said...

I love looking at baby names too and babies are way far away in our future.

Barbaloot said...

I've always liked the name Emily for a girl...hopefully it's not so popular when I finally have one!

Of the boy names, I like probly Alexander the best. I think you should name a boy Craig. It's alomst your last name, and it's fairly different these days:)

Sjaanie said...

I want you to know, that when we named "Abigail", it was NOT a top 10 name! It was the trend that came after her name...Oh well.