Monday, March 15, 2010

COLD FEET

The day Canessa and I got married, she told me she had cold feet. That worried me a little, and I made sure to keep my manly logger hands handy just in case her cold feet got too cold.


Well, in the years since, I have found that she always has cold feet ---- in the car, her feet are cubes of ice and mine are a sort of charcoal (yes - very hot). As I am about to comfortably fall asleep, I am often torn from my pre-dream pleasantries by those same cubes of ice (I mean her feet).


Today, she took matters into her own hands - or should I say sink!

Yes - Canessa decided the shower - the time-tested warmer of feet and hands - was too much work, and figured the sink would work just as well.

She doesn't get to claim "lack of creativity" anymore!

8 comments:

cbleeflang said...

Next time my feet are cold I'm gonna use sink too. Maybe we can have a sink warming party!

Matt and Joanna said...

This is hilarious (and a good idea)!

Emily said...

You need to get her a warm foot bath/massage for Mother's Day!

Kate said...

I am the same way. My sister is always super hot and I am freezing. She has the window open while I am cranking up the heat. I too warm up my feet even in the sink at times. Nice to know other people are like me.

Kaile and Cambria said...

We must be sisters!

Leslie said...

Bart doesn't realize that it's all girls. In fact I learned it's not even our fault. It's called estrogen! Adam is always asking me if he can turn down the heat in the car and all I have to do is touch his check and he says "guess not" because my hands and feet will still be frozen. I love the idea of just soaking them. I should buy a foot massage thing and just set it in front of the TV with my feet toasty :)
This was a long comment...Sorry

Adam and Julia said...

Wow......that's all I can think to say. But at least you don't have cold feet at that moment, right?

Sjaanie said...

My feet are always cold at night! Jared is such a sport and let's me put my cold feet on his legs. He is threatening to make me wear socks to bed. I hate sleeping in socks!