Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

Notice the date on the board-07/03/10. I asked Bart what he wanted for his birthday and he replied, "I don't want to have to plan anything or have you ask me what I want." Thus I planned the entire weekend full of fun...or so I thought.
Happy birthday to Bartus, only 1 more year left in the 20's. In an attempt to help Bart not feel SO old I planned an adventure up at Snowbird (perfect temperature for Bart and in the mountains) where we road the alpine slide, the zip line, did a ropes course, jumped on the bungee trampoline (Bart did double back flips and front flips), rode a mechanical bull and slid down some ice fields-also known as GLISSADING. We ended up waiting in lines with lots of kids aged 5-14 which didn't help us feel any younger. Such is life.



If any of you are interested in going to snowbird there is a $10 off coupon for the unlimited pass that I found in the SL Tribune and I just saw more in a mailer that came to our house this week.


I loved riding the Peruvian ski lift-the wind and sound of water and the greenery was beautiful. Bart said that he felt like riding the ski lift up the mountain was cheating-since he grew up hiking to the tops of mountains but ultimately he was glad he didn't have to walk.

This picture is reminiscent of one that we took 7 years ago while dating. Wow, can't believe that I have known Bart for 12 years...we met when I was 15. Bart is fabulous and no one can say that he isn't kind or a hard worker.  I love him dearly and I'm glad I get to spend lots more birthdays with him.

7 comments:

Nee said...

Ness,
You are such a good wife to plan such a great birthday for your hubby. He really does love the outdoors so going go Snowbird was perfect.
I am SOOOOOOO glad that you married Bart. He is such a good man and so good to you and for you. You are a lucky girl.
Happy B-Day Bart.
Love,
Mom (Renee)

Matt and Joanna said...

Hello! What and awesome birthday! Ness, will you plan mine next year?!? :) This looks like such a fun day. Happy Birthday Bartus!!! We all love you up here in the NW.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Bart! It looks like a really fun way to celebrate.

Brian and Lindsey said...

We have slmost the same pictures as you guys from when we went up a few years ago! Tell Bart that we said happy birthday and that he's lucky to have a wife that planned such a fun day for him:)

Leslie said...

12 years!!! I was feeling good about my 2. You've talked me into it, we are going to Snowbird sometime :)

Angela said...

Hey Canessa!! I found your blog... Happy Birthday to your husband!! So, sorry things didn't work out on the 4th of July w/your 7D! Hope you didn't get in trouble... ;)

Adam and Julia said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Just think, many more days of fun to follow!!