Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Festivities

Colin and Katie got married 2 Fridays ago, June 18th, 2010.  The weather was marvelous and everything went according to plan...at least that's what I think. They got married in the SLC temple, had a luncheon at Rodizio, then a lovely garden reception, and finally they were off on their honeymoon on a Mexican Riviera cruise.



This is a picture of a picture..sorry about the poor quality.

The Craigo's. Aunt Kathy, Uncle Reid, Christie and my mom. We waited to take pictures on the stairs at the temple for 45 minutes!

This is the sign that was on the window, which you can't see in the photo below.

Trade imaging make the signs and vinyl lettering.  This was behind the head table.


I love wedding! I love everything about weddings and I've decided that in my next life I will be a wedding planner.  My parents allowed me to plan the wedding luncheon at Rodizio and I had a fabulous time making cake pops, dipping strawberries and creating a dessert buffet, buying black, white and red candy, as well as designing and creating vinyl window coverings, signs, pictures and place cards (which were my most favorite thing!) and gathering and hanging family wedding pictures-some dating back to the 1890's.





I found lots of inspiration from various blogs, magazines and pictures. I am very happy with how the luncheon turned out, the dessert buffet and I'm glad that Colin and Katie Bug liked it.





These are the place card/ guest gift.  I had them made out of clear 1/2 inch acrylic which was laser cut and then fired with a torch to smooth the edges.  Pretty awesome!!!!

5 comments:

Nee said...

Here's to the best and cheapest wedding planner ever. You are totally awesome it what you did to transform Rodizio into an awesome space and your dessert bar was practically ransacked before we even said the blessing!!!!!
Thanks for making this wedding so much fun with all of your ideas and planning and days of playing together. I had so much fun doing it all with you.
Now what do we do next?????
You really should advertise somewhere so that others can use your ideas and take advantage of your enthusiasm for weddings. Wish we could do one every 6 months!!!!
Much love and thanks again.
Mom

Brian and Lindsey said...

Wow, the decorations for the luncheon turned out amazing!! You should be a wedding planner:)

Emily said...

Super impressive!

The Condies said...

Ness-I had already forgotten what a FABULOUS job you did at the wedding...so glad you took lots of pics to show off your awesome talent! It really was wonderful...and not just cause of the people there - atmosphere always plays a huge role. Props to you girl!

Callen and Liz said...

You made those cake pops?! I had never even heard of them before... They were fabulous. Can I pleaseee have that recipe?