Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Back to the kitchen

It took Bart and I weeks to decided on a tile for the backsplash. Originally we were going to use the same tile from the floor but I just didn't like it. After we went through 50 different tile samples, we finally chose this little 3x6 subway tile from Daltile...but we ended up ordering it in from Home Depot for a better price.


I've always liked white subway tile but white just didn't compliment the granite and walnut cabinets, so I am glad that we found this tan/light brown/cream color. As always Bart is amazing. He started placing the back splash last night and he was able to get more than half way done.


Bart likes to work and he is driven by his own insanity! I tell him to stop working and sit with me...because laziness likes company but he never listens.



What do you think? Also should we tile up around the window above the sink?




9 comments:

Barb said...

Looks so great! I love that creamy color. I think you should stop the tile under the cabinets and not go all the way up around the window above the sink. My two cents. ;)

Barb said...

Oh, will you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? My email is barbaralynnthornton at gmail dot com

Nee said...

Love, love the subway tile.
Looks just like something you would pick.
Good designer and what a hunk of a tile man!!!!
Loves,
Mom

Emily said...

I LOVE subway tile back splashes. So classy. From what I can see of your kitchen, it looks great only part-way up. But only you can judge the overall look of the whole thing, so go with your gut!

Amy said...

Looks great! I would not tile all the way up around the window...I think it looks great stopping at the cabinets. Amazing job, Bart! (and good taste as usual, Canessa).

Leslie said...

Lazy does like company. That's where I come into your life :)

Colin and Katie said...

lookin great! I agree and think you should stop and not go around the window.

Emily M. said...

I'm going to go against the current and say YES go all the way up to the ceiling. I love that look and it's a bit more contemporary, which seems to be more of the style of your home.

Callen and Liz said...

Your home projects make me feel lazy. You guys are so talented! It's looking super great so far.