Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A VACATION on a VACATION!

I begged and pleaded and pretended to cry and tried very hard to get Bart to come with me to Cancun but ALAS I ended up leaving him to work and I went without him. I met my parents at the Royal Hacienda's in Playa Del Carmen where we proceeded to...



Do water aerobics with Hector after our morning session of yoga. Then we would eat and swim and bake in the sun (well my poor redheaded mother did get burned) and if we weren't sick of the water by night time we could full up the tub on the balcony and take a bath in front of the whole resort, (needless to say I didn't fill up the tub).


We took a snorkeling tour to Puerto Morelos and went out to the reef and swam with the fishies and watched the coral dance in the current. I had a water tight seal with my snorkel mask...it took a good hour for the lines to go away.

I love the Caribbean! The water is a great temperature and very pretty.



We took a bus down to see the ruins of Tulum. Tulum is different from other ruins I've been to because it was built on coast instead of the jungle.



And then because we worked so hard snorkeling and walking around we had to get a massage on the beach. I know it's a hard life but someone has to do it. HAHA HAHA HA HA

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Have I told you lately that you are so spoiled? =)

Jill said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! It's great to keep in touch through blogging. Check out our new blog sometime at livelashlove.blogspot.com
Congrats on getting into byu masters program!

Adam and Julia said...

I so wish that I could've gone! I thought of you while I was in Arizona and was close to calling to see if you wanted to meet up on your way home from the airport, but we were at the zoo all day! Glad you had fun.

Barbaloot said...

Looks like fun Canessa! Poor Bart and lame work:)

Kaile and Cambria said...

I am so jealous! I finally have a new blog post...

Kelli said...

how did I miss this post! It looks like a great trip and it looks like you have a rough life!

Nee said...

I need another massage......can you meet me under the palm trees???