Monday, July 20, 2009

We FLIP for Bear Lake


To clarify, I am not exactly the one "flipping". This is Carter midair and below is Colin. Carter has been boating since he was 8 years old and Colin since he was 12. Carter landed his first flip while at Bear Lake and Colin has been doing tricks since before his mission.I do not like to fall hard, face plant or hurt myself thus I don't do flips- I am lucky if I can make it in and out of the wake. The x-star has a massive wake. You literally feel a drop when you go over the edge.
I am a great cheerleader for anyone out in the water and I try to be helpful by holding the flag- unless the water is glassy and I have my slalom ski, then I will get in.


Bart and Katie are both fishes- it must be the Dutch blood because Bear Lake was only 58-62 degrees and they both got in numerous times. Katie was the only girl to actually get in the water, I am pathetic, I know. :)

Bear Lake is beautiful and clear.

Surfing is AWESOME. We fill up the left ballast and everyone sits on the left side of the boat. You start out in the water with a short rope and small surfboard. Once you get up and find the "sweet spot" you can throw the rope in and surf behind the boat. Surfing requires little strength and not much coordination.

Cute Carter wears his knee brace and helmet out in the water.

I am lucky that Bart's family has a cabin at Bear Lake that they let my family come too. Bart has many fond memories of Bear Lake and so do I!

9 comments:

Rosie said...

cute suit! Where'd you find it? =)

Brian and Lindsey said...

That looks so fun! We still need to have our date night. . . Saturday we're going to float down the Provo River. The water's pretty chilly but it's so hot outside that it doesn't matter as much. You guys want to join us?

Leslie said...

Those are some great pictures! You are not only a good cheerleader but a great photographer. I'm sure your brothers love having those to show off with. P.S. At 58 degrees I wouldn't have gotten in the water either :)

Adam and Julia said...

I'm so jealous! When do we get to come?

The Leeflangs said...

We're jealous!!!! looks like you had a blast!

Emily said...

Wow, they catch some great air. I am too scared of lake water to be into water sports, but I do like watching. Adorable swimsuit, by the way!

Matt and Joanna said...

I love the pictures! Next time I want to see some of you out there in the cold water wake surfing!

Kelli said...

It was FREEZING but so fun! Wish we could have seen more your family! Great pictures btw.

Sjaanie said...

What a fun trip! Your swim suit is darling!