Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 24th of July

Instead of dressing up, putting on a tiara and being in a parade, this 24th of July was low key and easy. I was scheduled to work a 12 hours shift at the hospital but I ended up getting cancelled! Hooray. So, we were able to go up to the Little Cottonwood cabins. These are "true" cabins-not the mammoth things that some people call cabins. These little pioneer cabins have been in the family for many generations. As I get older, family and traditions become more important. I am so glad that I was able to spent time with my grandparents, cousins and aunt/uncle.



Mom making homemade burnt almond fudge ice cream.



Ammon and Colin playing horseshoes. Colin is already asking for a rematch...but he is already the WiNnEr.





















It takes many judges to decide who is closer and ultimately gets the point.























Carter and Matt went fishing in the dam and actually caught this lovely trout.



















..................................................................We always play PIT while up at the cabin. It is a loud, noisy, fun game. I thought the game had been discontinued but my cousin just told me that they actually still make it!!!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy 24th! What a great place to go! Did you save me some ice cream? I am glad you played PIT. They do make it still! It is a must have for your collection!

Jill said...

Don't you love being put on call? I had to work 8 hrs on the 24th but had the evening off. Good to see you guys are doing well! Did you know that Julia, me, and Jaylene Spendlove are all in the same ward now?

Nee said...

this blogging stuff is so great......I wish I could do my kids all over again. Thanks Ness for keeping us all updated.
I LOVE PLAYING PIT.....especially up the canyon!!
Loves,
Mom

Kaile and Cambria said...

I want to be included in up at the cabin fun! I am so jealous it looks like you all had such a fun time! I didn't even get to celebrate the 24th of July because I am in Indiana! Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

The cabin looks fun! Thanks for the congrats Nessa! We are so excited!!! November can't come soon enough. :) I don't know if Rosie told you, but when she emailed asking about center pieces at your reception, that was actually for me. :) We just couldn't tell people yet.

Barbaloot said...

I remember your Days of 17 era. That's when my mom wanted me to set you up with my brother:)