Monday, January 18, 2010

DECADE IN REVIEW

The highly tedious task of reviewing the past decade has fallen to me (Bartus). As part of this task, it is my opportunity to determine what events are most prominent. I promise none of my bias will trickle through – as I am born of the new era of reporters and journalists – no agenda; strictly fact.

The following lists contain, but are not limited to, the highs of highs, and the lows of lows, experienced from 2000 to 2010.

Bart(18-28 years old)
1. Served a mission in Bolivia
2.Dated Canessa
3. Broke-up with Canessa


4. Graduated from U of U with Bachelors in Civil Engineering
5. Dated Canessa
6. Broke-up with Canessa
7. Bought the house
8. Dated Canessa
9. Got Married (to Canessa)
10. Regretted buying the house
11. Worked on the house
12. Graduated from U of U with Masters in Geotechnical Engineering
13. Passed Professional Engineering Licensure exam
14. Worked
15. Worked

This has been a most eventful decade me! Several of the landmark experiences of life have taken place. Experiences I will draw from, and be affected by, every day of my life. Although this list may appear to be lots of work, and no fun, it should be noted that amidst the work there was play. I had the opportunity to go to Europe twice with my Mom, and there was a spattering of water ski trips and such.

Canessa (16-26 years old)

1. Graduated from Skyline High School
2. Dated Doug
3. Graduated from Dixie High College
4. Dated Louis
5. Study abroad in Nauvoo
6. Days of 47 Royalty
7. Dated Bart8. Dated Jake
9. Dated Gavin
10. Dated Josh
11. Dated………
12. Graduated from U of U with Bachelors in Nursing

13. Volunteered in orphanages in Ecuador
14. Got Married (Surprise Surprise – to BART)

15. Started the Family Nurse Practitioner program at BYU

Canessa’s list implies a little more fun than mine; however, I must admit (aside from a little too much dating – she should have stopped with me the first time) she made a conscious decision to make the most of short, tender, young adult years. This was one thing that really attracted me to her – adventurous and driven. She also went to Europe numerous times, Hawaii a couple of times, cruises, New York ….. the list can go on (and on). The many things she has accomplished over this decade are impressive; not to mention the quality and precision with which she does everything. I am very proud of her, and lucky to have her as my partner throughout life and beyond.

It’s amazing how a single decade can alter the course of your life so dramatically.

This blog is dedicated to a life-changing past decade, and high hopes for the decade facing us.




5 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

This is great! It's fun to see the dating list.... you guys are great!

Nee said...

this was great fun to read, Bart
I am very glad that Canessa finally did the right thing, and chose you!!!!
your mother-in-law

Kaile and Cambria said...

Bart...
You still owe me $50 because you and Canessa actually got married!

Leslie said...

This just cracked me up! I'm glad you were able to get use out of the skydiving pictures. We need another vacation :)

Tyson and Marie said...

You forgot to mention has an awesome Queenery friend name Marie! ha ha! j/k. Sheesh! You have done a ton! I love these decade updates people are doing.