Monday, April 2, 2012

Fashion


Today I thought I would blog about pregnancy fashion. Now if I were a "real" blogger I would have cute outfits and cute photos of me sporting my great pregnancy attire BUT I don't plan on posting any disturbing (aka fat) photos of this 27 week chick.

Basically I wanted to tell my patients (who don't read this blog) and the girls at the office (most of whom don't read this blog) that I am sorry that I am a fashion faux pas.



I know that you are NOT supposed to wear white socks with dark dress pants and black shoes... by the way all I have are dark dress pants and black or brown danskos, but the 3rd trimester is here and so are the TED hose-also known as "support hose".

I have worn TED hose during my nursing career because they help with swelling and varicose veins and such. But TEDS are expensive thus I have not run out and bought a new pair in black and thus I will continue to be a pregnant fashion faux pas. I must tell you though, that they feel great and I haven't had a stitch of swelling and I can be on my feet through out the day.

8 comments:

Alison said...

There are no Faux Pas when you are pregnant.
my motto, if it fits and it's comfortable, wear it. :)

You have to post some pictures of your belly!

Alison said...

There are no Faux Pas when you are pregnant.
my motto, if it fits and it's comfortable, wear it. :)

You have to post some pictures of your belly!

Angela said...

Oh I totally wore TEDs when I was pregnant...and sometimes when I wasn't. They feel so good!

Amy said...

Pregnant women get a pass when it comes to fashion! And as far as posting pictures showing off your growing baby bump, that is up to you! I think there is only one existing photo of me pregnant, and no one ever sees it!

Brian and Lindsey said...

Just wanted to tell you that I wore compression stockings (thigh high) last pregnancy and they just brought the problem higher. I got a varicose vein in my pelvis:( Recommend getting pregnancy one's-really don't think I would have gotten the varicose vein in my pelvis if I had had them. TRUST me, you really don't want a varicose vein there!
Sure you're not fat. After you're done being pregnant and look back at pics you realize that you really didn't look as bad as you thought;)

Nee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nee said...

Maybe the Easter bunny needs to bring you some black TED hose!!! I think you and your baby belly are way cute! Love you and the little guy inside.
Loves,
Mom

Adam and Julia said...

TEDS's are great. I agree with everyone else, it really doesn't matter because those that have been pregnant understand that it's all about comfort and not wanting to spend a lot of money on something you don't get to wear for very long. In regards to the pelvic varicose veins, I don't think it had anything to do with the thigh high TED's. My doc said that some women get them, some don't. Probably depends on position of baby, your body, yada yada yada.