Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Living Room

Long long ago, Bart finished the fireplace mantel and I posted on the floors and paint color but I can't remember if I ever showed pictures of the couch.  Bart and I wanted something that could seat alot of people (since we have no other place to sit), had a classic look and was wipeable or semi child friendly-mind you this is our first "big" furniture purchase of our 5 year marriage.   I searched high and low, in and out, up and down and finally decided that I couldn't afford the couch I wanted. BUT then one day while searching the good old internet I found it-the Alessia pearl leather sectional from Macy's. Who knew that Macy's had furniture that was a good cost and quality.?. I sure wish someone would have told me.  The couch was delivered a week before Christmas and Bart and I love it. Now some of you may be thinking pearl/white, leather, with a baby on the way...crazy.... but such is life.  As soon as we got the couch though, Bart decided that we needed a rug, so I again started my quest and guess what- I never found anything. So months have passed and Bart decided to take matters into his own hands.  I pulled up various rugs from all sorts of internet sites and Bart chose. He picked a chevron, handmade, 8x10, from Rugs USA. It arrived in 5 days and was half the price of some of the rugs I was interested in. Way to go honey.

So here you go, what do you think?



7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, it looks great! Good team work, you two.

Leslie said...

I love deep purple! It just may be my favorite color ever...I don't even want to know what your bills are up to for your re-models and decorating :)

Nee said...

love, love the living room...the rug is one of my favorite pieces that you have purchases

Rosie said...

Pretty couch! And leather shouldn't be a problem with baby. Totally wipable. :) Love Bart's taste in the chevron rug... he must be paying attention. :)

Matt and Joanna said...

I LOVE it! We need to make another visit, it's been too long and you have done so much! Chevron prints are one of my favorites. As long as you hide the permanent markers I don't think the white couch will be a biggie.

Kaile and Cambria said...

Your house looks so good! I can't wait to see more of it, especially the nursery. Love you

Colin and Katie said...

it looks wonderful! i like the rug and i'm excited to see the couch in person. i can't wait to come down in two weeks!