Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dutch 2 Month

Dutchy, Dutchman, Dutchy cup, lil' Dutch, Love, Love bug, and last but not least Baldy...

 
 

He might be bald until he's 3, and I'm blaming that on dad's genes :) but he is growing, happy and healthy!

TWO MONTH Stats:
Height: 23 1/4 inches (50%)
Weight: 10 lbs. 3 oz. (25%)

FAVORITE THINGS: Dutch loves to eat! He is a good little nurser and he takes a bottle like a champ. He might like nursing too much...because he always wants to fall asleep-so, mommy is constantly talking to him, rubbing his feet and whistling. Dutch loves his baths or showers.  He is calm, content and happy in the water. He also likes getting his diaper changed-honest. Bart and I get the best smiles and coo's on the changing table.  Most recently his favorite thing to do is STRETCH.  He stretches his arms and legs and turns himself into a little "X".

AVERAGE NIGHT SLEEP: 8 hours, but last night he went 10! Of course, I would prefer 10 hours every night but beggars can't be choosers. I'm working my way through 3 different books on sleeping and I think my favorite is, The Sleep Sense Program by Dana Obleman.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Dutchy holds his head really well and even bares weight on his legs (most of the time when he pushes himself to a standing position he is also arching his back and screaming at me because I stopped nursing him). Mom has had to put away the newborn (5-8 lb) clothes-sniff sniff, and get out bigger socks. He sat in his bumbo and loved it and he also has gone to church, plus he has started his immunizations.


PLACES HE'S BEEN: St. George, Bear Lake x 2, Park City, the JSMB for great grandpa's 90th birthday celebration, the airport-to see uncle Carter come home from his mission, Home Depot (multiple times-thanks dad), Walmart, East Canyon, mommy's work and lots of restaurants like Cafe Rio, Red Robin and Olive Garden.

The Craigo's with Carter
 
The Leeflang grandchildren at Bear Lake
 
WHAT WE'VE LEARNED:
NESS: Time is going by too quickly, I don't know where July or now August went.
Nap time is a struggle. Binky's are a love/hate relationship. I might not ever blow dry and style my hair again. Hydration is key to breastfeeding. I feel better if I've put mascara on. Single parenting has got to be the hardest thing EVER-I rely on Bart so much. I like working one day a week.
 
BART: Parenthood is the greatest thing ever. Babies cry alot. Changing diapers is still a work in progress. Always, always, always, have a burp cloth-always. House projects will never been the same. A fire engine, with it's sirens on, will wake your sleeping baby. Diaper cream smells good. Your wife will blame your child's lack of hair on you!

 

10 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a great post! I loved working one day a week too. He is darling!!!! Enjoy because they just keep growing and growing!

Nee said...

I'm glad to see you starting to keep a journal of sorts. Time just keeps marching on and it will never be easier or slow down. So enjoy each day the best you can.

Emily said...

Got your announcement in the mail this week - the best kind of mail :)

Kaile said...

He is so big and so cute! Im glad he is sleeping longer for you. Miss you lots and lots

Sjaanie said...

Love reading these!

Jared + Carly Reid said...

Oooo he is so CUTE!! Way to go, parents! You are doing an awesome job.

Adam and Julia said...

I enjoyed the parts where you stated what the two of you have learned :) You looked great, but we need to come by and see the whole fam next time!

Kelsey said...

I love this post! Such a cute format! So glad he's such a good baby! We'll have to talk about sleeping because I want this next baby to sleep through the night a little better than Kennady did. :) Love you both!

Diana said...

Love Dutch! He's doing such a great job of sleeping through the night! Way to go!

Matt and Joanna said...

So darling! I love the pictures and the things you've learned! I can't believe how good he sleeps. Do you attribute that to the book or the fact that he's just one awesome baby?!?