Monday, September 24, 2012

Oh, what does Bart do....

Oh, what does Bart do in the summertime, when all the world is green?

Does he build a big fence, or paints till he loses sense, or pour concrete as the Provo runners go by?
Is that what you do? Nor do I.


We love our fence...it blocks out the neighbors :)
 
 

If you remember, this was floor to ceiling glass windows that Bart removed and then built windows in to. We had to caulk and paint before winter comes.
 


Bart (and some guys from work) poured a 3rd pad on the driveway, so the renters could have off street parking

Bart hand mixed the concrete for the bottom step...it was something like 8 bags

Does he lay lots of sod, or dig with a rod, or redo the eves and rain gutters up high?
Is that what you do? Nor do I.




This is the beginning of my herb garden


Before

After

Before

After. Please tell me that you can see the difference

Does he move tons of rocks, or make dirty socks, or lay pavers till it's dark in the sky?
Is that what you do? Nor do I.


 
 
 
So that's what Bart did with his summertime, while all the world was green!
I think this is a good photo because it shows my herb garden, the plants and landscape fabric, the fence and the steps for the apartment.
 
 

9 comments:

Barb said...

First of all, you are so darling. What a great blog post. And secondly, holy cow. What a lot of work! It looks so great!

Angela said...

That was too much fun! And have I mentioned how much I love before and after pictures? Because I do.

Emily said...

Way to go Bart! Those are a lot of projects to check off you list in one summer.

Nee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nee said...

very cute blog....keep up with the humor......most wives would kill to get their husbands to even do just one of those projects in a summer....he's a keeper!!!!!

Sjaanie said...

Cute post! Love the song. Lots of work-no wonder Bart's body is shot! Everything looks greAt :)

Diana said...

What a transformation! I told Brian that he has been slacking and that he needs to pick up the pace :) Glad you like the fence.

Roz said...

Wow! All the renovations look so good! I'd move into that basement apartment. And little Dutchy is so cute. I hope I get to see him in person someday.

Roz said...

Oh, and your song was great. You're so funny.