Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Hall

Can a Hallway be pretty and calming...I think so! I wish I had a before picture of the hall but I don't, so just know that it was dark and dingy and blah.


The stain is the dark walnut like the rest of the floor, the wainscoting is a satin paint in white and the upper wall is classic gray by Benjamin Moore (same as the master).


I chose this track light from Ikea because someday I am going to have a picture collage running down the entire hallway.


The wainscot only took Bart an hour to put up...but then it took me 2 hours to prime and paint.  Next time I will prime and paint before it goes on the wall.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Looks amazing! And it looks like you won the battle for which track light to hang up. I liked both of them and the one you picked looks really nice. This place is going to be too nice to a rental.

Nee said...

Looks beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see it with pictures next.
Loves

Rosie said...

I love it. Wanna come do my house? :)

Haley and Mitch said...

I love these posts! You guys are doing a great job!

Leslie said...

Calming? I'm not so sure but definitely pretty :) I don't think I have ever walked down a hallway and felt less stress because of it. I think it will be really cute with your picture collage and I'm impressed Bart did it so quickly.