Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Art of Goal Making

As I'm sitting here on this geologic equivalent of a ticking time bomb - and enjoying the false sense of "I've made it in life" - I would be remiss if I did not do a blog post. The topic I have been assigned to blog on today is goals. The blogopric asked that I keep my thoughts short and to the point, and since the youth blogger has already taken care of our blogging needs in the last couple of days, I feel inclined to shorten this even more.

Goals are something many of us make each year, and even more of us fail to fulfill each year. However, this new year, I learned a very valuable lesson from my wife. It is a new method of accomplishing goals. I have coined the term "canecessarily accomplishing your goals".

A couple of weeks ago, i was out of town for work. In the evening, as is our custom, I called to chat. Our conversation went well...... Well, that was until I learned of one of her new goals. Her goal was for me to update our finances. In case you could not tell, this necessarily requires me to do something in order for her to accomplish her goal. I must admit, the hardest part of the goal was convincing me to do it, so I must give her some credit.

Anyway, she thinks she had the upper hand by cleaverly manipulating me into accomplishing her goals (this was just one example), but in truth I am the one to have pioneered this method in our relationship several months prior.

It may not be common knowledge, but I have had a longstanding goal of procuring offspring and an heir/heiress. Little does she know, but my wife is "canecessarily accomplishing MY goal" this year.

So I Guess this ought to be considered our official announcement to those that may not know...... We are expecting our first baby around the end of June/beginning of July. We will find out if we are having a girl/ boy on February 15th. We are very excited.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Middle of the Mid-Pacific.....

12 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

You finally announced! I'm giggling that Canessa made you do it, Bart. hehehe :) Sounds like you are having a fabulous, relaxing trip! Keep having fun and being safe.

Cass said...

Congrats!! That is really exciting for the two of you!! I hope she's feeling good on your trip. It looks like fun!!

Emily said...

Yay!!! Congratulations. Can't wait to find out what you're having.

Amy said...

Congrats! We love our summer babies, and hope all goes well for you two!

Adam and Julia said...

I've been waiting for this post! And I agree with Joanna, I think it's funny that Canessa had Bart do it. Congrats!

Jill said...

Yay! So excited for you guys. I'm guessing it's a girl. Guess we'll see! Hope you are feeling well.

Skankey said...

congratulations you two! Very exciting!

Caitlyn said...

Congrats! Such exciting news. I wish I would have known when I say you a few weeks ago. You look great and I hope you are feeling well.

Diana said...

Hooray for both of you! We're so glad that you will be joining the ranks of parenthood. It's wonderful!
Love you both!

M said...

What happy news! Congratulations, you two!

-Monica

Rosie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! And I'm sad you didn't call me, Ness... but YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!

Leslie said...

I didn't understand the big words in over half this blog. I like Canessas posts better... Congrats again. I'm waiting for the 15th. What a good v day pressent... not that It's enough bart!