Monday, January 23, 2012

O'ahu

Since Bart has never been to Pearl Harbor, I thought it was worthwhile to spend a little extra time and money to go over and see the USS Arizona Memorial.

Bart likes to read and watch movies about World War II and he truly appreciates the men and women who fought that war and those who are in the Armed Forces today. Bart's Leeflang grandparents were in the thick of the war over in Holland and Germany and my both my grandfathers were involved in WWII-one on a boat in Korea and the other doing engineering.

The movie that the Memorial plays is touching and shows actual footage of the attack on Pearl Harbor.


We also decided to go tour the USS Missouri-were the peace treaty with Japan was signed. It was fabulous. I've never been on a battleship and I loved it.  I would highly recommend that you spend the extra $22 and 2-3 hours over at the USS Missouri.




It was a quick 24 hours but I'm glad we went.  Next up Maui.
Aloha

2 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

So jealous!

Amy said...

Someday! We love Maui, but I would love to see these historical sites, too.