Monday, June 27, 2011

Utah Valley Parade of Homes

I love going to the Parade of Homes.  The tradition started many years ago with my grandpa- he is one of the few people that opens every single door, talks to all the builders and loves going into the furnace room. Usually I do the Salt Lake and St. George parade of homes but since we moved down to Provo, I thought it was fitting. This is what I (the commoner, non-designer) learned.

Number 1-Rugs are a necessity...even if you have carpet



Number 2-Wallpaper is again in vogue



Number 3- Have fun with your ceilings



Number 4- Be creative

This is made out of penny tiles and is in a SHOWER!


Clouds made out of batting and glass rain drops



This is a functioning kitchen
Number 5- An indoor/outdoor pool is the best way to go for our  Utah climate


Number 6- Wainscoting is classic and timeless


Number 7- Your lights can be decorations




Number 8- The more seating the merrier


 
My fellow parade critique-thanks mom!

Number 9- Gray is awesome in the bedroom

 

Number 10- Bunk beds can look stylish


2 comments:

Nee said...

Woohoo for the Parade of Homes!!!!
You took such GREAT pictures. I'd already
forgotten some of the great things we saw.
Here's to inspiration from others!!!!
And may the homeshows never end!!!!
Love, Mom

Colin and Katie said...

Oh I love your pictures! Someday I hope I'll be able to decorate my house prettily like those!