Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We already needed a break.

Just as the title implies, Bart and I already needed a break from the house, so we went down to southern Utah for 3 days.  My best-est cousin Liz invited us to their cabin with some friend from their neighborhood. Now don't get me wrong I love all my cousins and have a great time at family functions but Liz and I are only 3 months apart.  Growing up, I thought that going down to her house in St. George and swimming and playing dress-ups was the greatest vacation in the world! Liz and I have shared many memories together including our semester in Nauvoo in 2003. FYI- Liz has actually know Bartus for almost as long as I have-12 years.

Back to the cabin.  



We had a wonderful time riding 4 wheelers, paint-balling, picnicking in the meadow, shooting guns, playing games and sleeping in.
 

Once Bart taught me how to actually AIM the gun I was a pretty good shot. I was even privileged enough to shoot Bart's Sig Sauer-all 6 bullets hit the target (mine are the bottom 6)-I took the picture for proof :)

We ate way too much food and had a run in with 20 horses grazing on the property. The horses must have seen us out on our picnic and decided that humans = food, so they trotted over...but they really scared some of the kiddos.

I am so glad that Liz planned such a fun weekend (even though she was diagnosed with pneumonia 3 days earlier) and that we were able to enjoy lovely weather, great company and beautiful Grass Valley.

6 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I love thinking about you and Liz down there together. I still remember so clearly meeting you two and can't believe how long it's been since we were in Nauvoo together!!

Nee said...

Gotta love the cabin and Liz for being such a planner. Glad that you had a chance to get away.

Anonymous said...

Hooray it's working! And I always always always need a break to play!

Leslie said...

Yay Ness!

Bartus said...

Who is that weird boy with that stuff on his chin? He looks funny...

Sjaanie said...

That horse closes to the camera is a dun, with a stripe too.
-amelia