Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Get out of jail

When we bought the house the front entryway looked like this.


It reminds me of jail bars. I have now referred to the entry way as a jail and the basement a dungeon-HMMM. Over the long Memorial Day weekend, one of our many projects was to remove the jail bars and the planter that held it up.  Really, the bottom was a built in planter box for plants-fake plants I assume.




I think the entryway already feels better and looks bigger.  We have begun working on other projects- like creating a sound barrier in the ceiling and sanding the floors.  More posts to come. Thank you for your comments and taking time to do the stain poll :) I'm glad that no one likes jacobean.

5 comments:

Nee said...

Wow....it looks fabulous and updates your entryway immediately. No more 60's look for you!!!! You 2 always do such good work.
Loves, Mom

Adam and Julia said...

Holy cow! Look what happens when I don't look at blogs for a little while and I don't talk to you for a long while! I'm sure you are loving the redo (wink, wink). But I think it's a great idea to soundproof the ceiling since you had such a great experience with the last house. Call me the next time you guys have a spare moment and let's do lunch or dinner. We could meet in the middle somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Katie and Colin said...

Yay for no more jail!!! it definitely opens it up a ton and helps let the light in for when you're coming up the stairs. I remembered it as being kinda dark in the stairwell so this'll help a bunch! I can't wait to see more pictures and to hear what you decided on for the floor staining!

Tyson and Marie said...

Canessa! Wow! You guys are AMAZING!!!!! DId you know we are moving back to P-town for Tyson's schooling?! Yeah! We can play!

Sjaanie said...

We had jail bars in one of our houses. They were between our kitchen and dining room. I loved taking them out! I can totally empathize! We also had a planter box in that same house, at the top of the stairs, and we yanked that too!!! Yanking is fun, finishing it up, is not!