Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More choices

We have a few too many projects going on right now, but Bart is insistent that I choose a paint color for the upstairs so that he/we can start painting next week. Bart decided to use 5 days of his vacation time to stay home and work on the house. Even though I know he is superman, I still wonder how much he can really accomplish...

These are my top 6 colors. I painted samples all over the rooms, so I could see the paint in different light.


1. Wood Smoke-Glidden
2. Ozark shadow - Benjamin Moore
3. Harbor Gray- Benjamin Moore
4. Revere Pewter-Benjamin Moore
5. Dolphin Fin- Behr
6. Collingwood- Benjamin Moore



  1.  Wood Smoke-Glidden            4. Revere Pewter- Benjamin Moore
2. Ozark shadow - Benjamin Moore              5. Dolphin Fin- Behr
3. Harbor Gray- Benjamin Moore     6. Collingwood- Benjamin Moore



What do you think? Do you have a favorite gray that I should know about?

5 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I like Collingwood. I'm opposed to any paint being named Dolphin Fin, no matter how pretty the color. That's just weird.

Amy said...

I like the Collingwood and the Revere Pewter. I prefer the "warmer" colors here, and think these will show plenty of color without seeming too dark. They will also go well with whatever colors you put in the room, and are subtle enough to pick up color from your other decor at different times of day. Good luck! I think you are smart to paint it on the wall and try it out.

Rosie said...

I like the Harbor Grey and the Revere Pewter, and Collingwood. If it were me, I'd cheat lighter rather than darker... but my house has lighting issues too and part of our goals with painting are making the house appear to have more light. :)

Emily said...

I'm joining the Revere Pewter or Collingwood club.

Adam and Julia said...

It's hard for me to tell. But I don't like dark rooms, so whichever is a lighter/classier color is my choice :) I know, not very helpful.