Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday is a special day...

It's the day that Bart gets lots of work done day!

Welcome to my living room. This is a long narrow room with floor to ceiling windows that are drafty and not very energy efficient.


When my dad first saw the house, he suggested that we build a pony wall and install standard windows-so that's just what we did.


Bart bought three 4x4 windows from Home Depot and then started in on removing the old glass...and he didn't break one of them!



The windows were smaller than the opening, so Bart had to build out those red beams (pictured above) and build the wall under the new windows.


 
 One window down...only 2 more to go.




Don't worry, someday we will replace that nasty, old, green, roof-not sure if it should even be called a roof.


Bart was even able to insulate and sheetrock the wall AND put up blinds. I love the blinds because now we can have the window open (to let airflow in, the room was soooo stagnate before) and not have the neighbors look in.


Bart is a busy boy and I am grateful that he will tackle these projects. Thanks for all the comments on the wallpaper.  I think I have narrowed it down and I've learned a lot about wallpaper. I'll let you know how it turns out-when I actually get around to it.



6 comments:

Brian and Lindsey said...

Wow, it's amazing that Bart knows how to do all of that! Looks awesome:)

Emily said...

What a transformation! More energy efficient, plus more character for your room :)

Alison said...

holy cow! I am so impressed!!

Amy said...

Great job! I am impressed with Bart's skills, and also with your ability to see the possibilities. This looks SO much better.

Nee said...

so fun to see each project that you do. You are one lucky girl to have such a handy-man hubby.

Sjaanie said...

Love to see the progress!